Applications are now open to study in one of Australia’s fastest-rising training organizations in 2022!

View Updates

About Sydney Campus

Sydney campus’ premises feature a unique integration of modern architecture and teaching facilities which is located at level 6 of KMS building in Kippax Street, Surry Hills, part of the Redfern inner-city area. The building has disabled access, lifts and wheelchair accessibility throughout the campus premises. It takes about 3 minutes-walking in the South direction from Central station and Sydney CBD central building. Students can take few steps to access to taxi, tram, bus and train routes towards the Inner West & Eastern suburbs, and surrounding Sydney CBD. In the surroundings, student can walk to various restaurants, local cafes, clothing shops, music school, banks and vibrant bar scene that continues to increase with the CBD’s expansion.


ANE college follows all relevant Commonwealth and State laws and regulations. All these documents and more can be sourced at These acts form complex laws and legislations that all businesses must follow. ANE college ensures its policy and procedures are in line with these regulations and provide the following summary of each for the students’ information. The students are encouraged to seek further information on each piece of legislation by accessing the Acts online or by speaking to the ANE officer in-charge.


Prior to your departure to Australia, you should ensure that all your documentations must be up-to-dated and travelling arrangements are well prepared.

Documentations include:

  • ANE College’s Enrolment documents
  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
  • Travel Insurance.
  • Airfares
  • Contact details – You may want to have a list of emergency contact details for family, as well as your embassy, accommodation, and institution details. If you have used an education agent, keep their contact details on you, in case you need to contact them once you arrive in Australia.
  • Australian currency – There are money exchange places available at Australian airports and in cities, but it is recommended to have some Australian currency on you prior to leaving your home country.
  • Transport from the airport – Whether you are taking public transport, a taxi, or you are being picked up from the airport by your education provider, it is important that you have all the details including the time, the route and, if your travel has been arranged by your institution, their contact details. If you need a map to assist you in getting to your accommodation from the airport, they will be available at the airport, or you can print one prior to leaving.
  • Accommodation details – Make sure you have the address of where you will be staying as well as their phone number and payment confirmation (if you have already paid for your accommodation).
  • and Visa


  • Made all your travel arrangements?
  • Packed your most important documents in your hand luggage?
  • Booked your Airport Pick-up and Accommodation?
  • Checked Customs and Quarantine regulations? (
  • Organise to have at least Aud$1,500 available to you on arrival in Sydney? (Approximately Aud$500 in cash or possess funds available through credit/debit card)
  • Had medical/optical/dental check-ups?
  • Written down the contact details of your country’s consulate in Sydney? and Got locks in your luggage?

Most items you will need are available in Australia, though the cost of some may be higher than in your home country. Here is some advice on what international students may want to bring with them, and what is not necessary; and remember you are only allowed 20 – 30kgs of luggage on the flight to Australia.


Please refer to Australian Border Force website: List of items you can and can’t bring in ( for things that you can bring it in or you cannot bring it in Australia. Basically, you can bring your personal items, as following:

  • Clothing: It depends on the state where you will be living and studying, your clothes must be suitable for the season in Australia, such as, spring, summer, autumn, and winter clothes.
  • Electrical goods: laptop, iPad, hair dryers and so on …are items you choose to bring in with you. However, you should bear in mind that these items may attract customs duty Goods and services tax (GST). Also, you should be aware of that electricity adaptor plugs – Australia has 240-volt, AC 50 Hz
    cycle electricity. If in doubt, refer to ‘Australian Border Force’ website above.
  • Document folder including:
    • Valid passport and student visa (including photocopies);
    • Copy of your confirmation of enrolment form, your letter of offer and other material sent to you by ANE college.
    • Receipts of payment for all fees.
    • Certified copies of personal papers, including academic transcripts, educational or work qualifications you may already have completed.
    • Identification papers such as birth certificate, proof of citizenship, international driver’s license.
    • Credit cards.
    • Your medical records, immunization records and school records of all accompanying family members.
    • Marriage certificate if your spouse is coming with you.
    • Receipts of goods you may bring with you to Australia to assist with assessing customs duty and/or GST; and
    • If you intend to drive in New South Wales, you must bring your current driver’s license with you. If possible, have the license updated to cover the duration of your studies.


    • Food – Australia has strict quarantine regulations that limit what you can bring into the country, and you really do not need to, because Sydney is a multicultural, cosmopolitan city where you can get foods from most countries; and
    • Winter clothes – it is advisable to buy your winter clothing in Australia, as it will be more suitable to the local climate.


  • Contact your parents/relatives to let them know you have arrived safely
  • Find long-term accommodation
  • Collect your OSHC or Health Cover membership card.
  • Attend orientation.
  • Collect your student card; and
  • Open a bank account.


International students are strongly encouraged to visit the website of Australian government or state government/ Department of Education, Skills and Employment (below links) to obtain an updated information about Covid 19 Pandemic, vaccine information in your language and wellbeing supports. For instance, if you arrive in Sydney/NSW State, you are advised to visit NSW State government websites, such as, services NSW. gov. au (below link), or to contact ANE college in Sydney campus for further detailed information of Covid 19 pandemic before arriving in Australia. ANE College has quickly responded to Covid 19 Pandemic by implementing a Protective Plan, which presented a detailed and effective measures of protecting students and staff members from Covid 19 pandemic. This plan includes:

  • social-distancing rules (1.5m)
  • zoom set-up for online students.
  • restriction of face-to-face students in the college (10 students per class),
  • facemasks, hand wash’ guidelines and soap were emplaced.
  • Update and provide students with useful information regarding Covid 19 pandemic daily.

Useful website information about Covid 19 Pandemic and government supports:

  • Home | Service NSW
  • Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for international students – Department of Education, Skills and Employment, Australian Government (
  • COVID-19 vaccine information in your language | Australian Government Department of Health
  • Health and wellbeing support for international students affected by COVID-19 – Department of Education, Skills and Employment, Australian Government (



Opal cards are smartcard tickets that you keep, reload and reuse to pay for travel on public transport. Simply add value to your Opal card then tap on and tap off to pay your fares on trains, buses, ferries, and light rail – anywhere within the Opal network. As well as the lowest single fares, Opal cards have lots of benefits for regular travellers.


It is typically easy to find a taxi in Sydney. Prices vary depending on the distance travelled. If you take a taxi on a tollway you will have to pay the toll for the taxi’s return journey. You can take a taxi from a taxi rank, book one by telephone or you can ‘hail’ a taxi from the street.


Sydney has a mild climate, especially in winter, but be aware that the weather is subject to quick changes. Each day may be a combination of seasons, so be prepared for rain, heat, or cold, wind and sunshine all in the one day. Perhaps you should carry an umbrella and something warm. Listen to the weather forecasts carefully.


Sydney has many festivals. Chinese New Year is celebrated every year. Sydney also celebrates New Year’s Eve (December 31) with spectacular fireworks over the Harbour. The Sydney Festival is in January every year and lasts for the whole month. The Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is held in late February or early March.


If you get sick, you may have to go and see a doctor. In Australia you do not go to a hospital unless you are seriously ill. You go to your local doctor who will have a surgery near your house. If you cannot leave the house, you can ring the doctor’s receptionist and make an appointment for the doctor to visit you. The cost will be applied. If you cannot come to ANE college, the doctors will give you a medical certificate that describes your illness, stating how many days you may stay at home. Do not forget to give your medical certificate to the receptionist when you return to the college or the time you are away will affect your attendance. Your OSHC may reduce the cost of medical services


Local calls on a public telephone require coins. Coins to use: 10 cents, 20 cents, 50 cents and $1 coins only. You can buy phone cards that cost between $2 and $50 at any newsagent or authorised outlet.


  • Police, Fire, Ambulance 000 (landline service)
  • Police, Fire, Ambulance 112 (mobile service)
  • Telephone Interpreter Service (TIS) 13-1450

For 24 hours emergency and after working hours, ANE college student, please contact Mr. P. Shiwakoti, Mobile phone number: 0431 243 784.


0011 + country code + area code + number (country codes may be found in the telephone directory). telephone_codes/international_dialcode.html


There are many different types of bank accounts. Ask about the different types of accounts before you decide which one you would like to open. A Savings Account is probably the most suitable account for the students. When you open an account, you will normally receive an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Card allowing you to withdraw money after hours. Many shops in Australia will not accept cheques but most will take credit or debit cards. An ATM Card cannot be used for credit, but it can be used in some supermarkets to pay for the bill (as long as there is money in your account) and it can be used to withdraw money from the machine (ATM) you find outside banks and in selected locations


Private rental accommodation in and around Sydney ranges in price depending on the individual students’ needs. Some suggested locations are:


ANE college can help the students, who are arriving for the first-time including airport pick-up, to find appropriate accommodation, if necessary, upon payment of nominated charge. But it is usually easier and cheaper for students to organise their own arrangement where possible.


From 1 January 2010, this Fair Work Information Statement is to be provided to all new employees by their employer as soon as possible after the commencement of employment. The Statement provides basic information on matters that will affect your employment. If you require further information, you can contact the Fair Work Infoline on 13 13 94 or visit .


The Fair Work Act 2009 provides you with a safety net of minimum terms and conditions of employment through the National Employment Standards (NES). There are 10 minimum workplace entitlements in the NES:

  • A maximum standard working week of 38 hours for full-time employees, plus ‘reasonable’ additional hours.
  • A right to request flexible working arrangements.
  • Parental and adoption leave of 12 months (unpaid), with a right to request an additional 12 months.
  • Four weeks paid annual leave each year (pro rata).
  • Ten days paid personal/carer’s leave each year (pro rata), two days paid compassionate leave for each permissible occasion, and two days unpaid carer’s leave for each permissible occasion.
  • Community service leave for jury service or activities dealing with certain emergencies or natural disasters. This leave is unpaid except for jury service.
  • Long service leave.
  • Public holidays and the entitlement to be paid for ordinary hours on those days.
  • Notice of termination and redundancy pay.
  • The right for new employees to receive the Fair Work Information Statement.

A complete copy of the NES can be accessed at Please note that some conditions or limitations may apply to your entitlement to the NES. For instance, there are some exclusions for casual employees. If you work for an employer who sells or transfers their business to a new owner, some of your NES entitlements may carry over to the new employer. Some NES entitlements which may carry over include personal/carer’s leave, parental leave, and your right to request flexible working arrangements.


As you are holding a student visa, you are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week (part-time) to improve your financial situation while pursuing your study in Australia. In order to assist you to gain a job (preferably related to your studies), ANE college created a ‘Job Club’ where students can get helps in preparing for job application, cover letter, resumes and interview skills. Students are also be involved in job interview exercise and a short orientation about their potential jobs. ANE college can also refer students to the local business in which ANE has a connection with, for suitable positions. Job Club, will basically help you:

  • Apply for a Tax File Number
  • Work and Study in Australia
  • How to look for a relevant job website accordingly
  • Find out your rights as a worker.
  • Understand Australian tax system.
  • Prepare CV, Cover Letter and Job application.
  • Interview skills.
  • Job related orientation

For further details about employment, please refer to the item “Working in Australia” in following pages.