For four terms, we conduct four orientations. The Orientation Day depends on the start of each term:
- 10/01/2022 For Term 1
- 04/04/2022 For Term 2
- 27/06/2022 For Term 3
- 19/09/2022 For Term 4
1.00pm – 1.15pm
- Welcome to the ANE college by Chief Executive Officer or their representative.
- Tour of ANE college and Emergency and Evacuation Procedures, Assembly point and Work Health and Safety.
- Powerpoint slideshow
1.15 pm – 2.30 pm ANE Information and Documentation
- The students review of the student handbook. The handbook is discussed, and the students are invited to ask questions and clarify all points. The students sign back page (acknowledgment of understanding) of the handbook.
- Student ID cards.
- The students contact noted into Change of Details forms
- AVETMISS information confirmed.
- Rules and responsibilities of students at ANE college
- Login into computers and ID issued to students. The students are directed specifically to the following information to adjust to life in Australia.
- Information with Living in Australia
1.15 pm – 2.30 pm (continued)
- Student Safety
- Sydney Transport, Trains, Buses, ferries, taxis.
- City Library information
- Accommodation options
- Legal Services
- Emergency Health Services
- Complaints and Appeals processes
- Attendance and Academic requirements as per Visa Condition.
- Facilities and resources.
2.30 pm – 2.45 pm Break
2.45 pm – 4.30 pm Visa requirements
- Some important information regarding immigration requirements; Working regulations under student visa.
- Information about Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC);
- Introduction to Australian Health system.
- Students registered into classes. The students meet the Training Manager. Students provided with the following information.
- Academic Calendar
- Textbooks and course information
- Timetables and subject information
- Trainer and Assessor introductions
- Student Support Information
- Subject Induction signed
- Complete the Student induction Declaration